May 3, 2020 – CLINIC UPDATE RE: COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Hello to all of our valued customers and patients.
We hope that you all have been keeping well and healthy during this time of the economic shutdown and social distancing. As per the government of Alberta’s economic relaunch strategy, optometry clinics have been allowed to resume regular office activities such as routine eye exams, eye care procedures, emergency appointments, along with the in-office dispensing of eyewear and contact lenses. As of May 4th, 2020 at 10:00 AM, our office will be providing the above services and will be back to operating with our normal (pre-pandemic) office hours.
Our office puts the health and well-being of our patients and staff first and is committed to continuing to support our collective efforts of slowing the spread of COVID-19. As a result, we have implemented the following new office protocol to help achieve this;
- Reduced Office Occupancy – We will be limiting the number of people within the office at any given time. This means that as you wait to see the doctor for your appointment you might be asked to wait in your vehicle until the doctor is ready to see you.
- Use of Barrier Shields – We now have sneeze guards installed for use between staff members and patients.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – We will be following Alberta Health Service’s guidelines for the use of PPE.
- Aggressive Cleaning Procedures – We have implemented aggressive cleaning procedures. For example; the thorough cleaning and disinfection of frames after they are tried on by a patient or customer.
We are delighted to begin to welcome patients back into the office again to help them fulfil their vision needs and requirements. As this is still a very fluid situation, we will continue to make decisions with vigilance and from information and guidance put out by both Alberta Health Services and the Alberta College of Optometry.
We look forward to seeing you in the clinic soon. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions.
The Doctors and Staff of the Glenmore Landing Vision Center
We do still ask that if you have a FEVER, COUGH, SORE THROAT, or DIFFICULTY BREATHING, have COVID-19 or HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WITH COVID-19 please do not visit our clinic. Please phone our office with any questions for your specific situation.
Family Multiple Pair Discount
* Discount is off of complete pairs of eyeglasses (frame and lenses). It can be applied to up to 4 additional pairs of eyeglasses that are of equal or lesser value than 1st pair purchase. Sale can’t be combined with other discounts or promotions. Sale excludes Maui Jim. Other restrictions may apply. See in office for more details.
Frame Lines that We Carry